GALLEY UTILITY - MYSTIC CRUISES (BRAZIL)
--ISM AGENCY NICARAGUA--
offers you an exciting journey in the cruise industry.
Get on board for an
Get on board for an exciting career.
Every voyage with Mystic Cruises is filled with opportunities for personal and professional growth. All it takes is passion and commitment to deliver exceptional service to 200 passengers.
At Mystic Cruises you can sail on the job opportunity of your lifetime aboard our extraordinary vessel.
German level required: ADVANCED
- To check in for duty according to schedule and to ensure that service station meets the expectations of the Guests and the standards set by the Company.
- To act as liaison between the Guests and the Head Waiter in regards with any problems in their stations.
- To ensure the best possible dining experience for all Guests and to provide special attention to Guests with special needs and dietary requirements.
- To follow work schedules, section plans and rotations and to do any additional duties (gangway duties, storing, midnight snack etc.) as scheduled by the Head Waiter and as required.
- To ensure a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through constant communication with the Guests and the Galley.
- To ensure that all equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty.
- To report work orders to supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Head Waiter in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- High school Diploma or relevant apprenticeship in the Food Service industry required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a hotel or one (1) years’ experience on board a cruise ship in a similar position.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Advanced German skills required for this position, any additional foreign language is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo on-board USPH or HACCP training. Knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.